Science@Leuven Scholarship is for outstanding students taking a Master’s degree programme in Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international Master’s programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
Science@Leuven Scholarship Summary
Science@Leuven Scholarship Details:
Programmes for which a Science@Leuven Scholarship is possible are the following Master’s degrees :
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Biology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statiscs and Data Science
- Master of Sustainable Development (ICP)
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, as this programme requires a master diploma, which is not allowed for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master Programme. Your application will not be considered.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Science@Leuven Scholarship
Interested Applicants for the Science@Leuven Scholarship must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a non-Belgian university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- the applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training. The applicants are expected to obtain at least Distinction during their studies at the KU Leuven,
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven,
- the applicants have two reference letters from internationally renowned professors,
- the applicants are willing to act as ambassador for the programme.
Benefits of 2024 Science@Leuven Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 12.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
Required Documents for Science@Leuven Scholarship
To apply, candidates interested in the Science@Leuven Scholarship must be ready to submit the following documents;
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit (Transcript of Records). Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme that you are considering. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide.
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
How to Apply for Science@Leuven Scholarship (Step by Step)
Follow the procedures stated below to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship:
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- Upload the required documents via the KU Leuven application tool:
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship. In case you were unable to take a screen shot of this message, you can also upload another screen shot proving that your application was submitted.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.