Through an inclusive learning community, women around the world have opportunities to explore the fundamentals of business, such as preparing business plans and raising capital, with the goal of building a better future for their families and communities.
The AWE women have access to the DreamBuilder platform, a user-friendly and easy-to-use online course that reinforces entrepreneurship components, they participate in directed lessons related to business management and, in addition, they have the opportunity to connect with networks of companies, women entrepreneurs and mentors who share the same perspective in their own regions
The U.S. Consulate in Lagos, in partnership with Venture Garden Foundation and Ascend Studios Foundation, will launch the fourth edition of the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) on May 6.
The programme is organized for 250 female entrepreneurs who will receive business training, gain new networks, and learn the necessary skills to grow sustainable businesses.
Applicants applying for the AWE training programme should;
- be a woman entreprenuer
- have a brief overview of your primary business
- have a personal and business Facebook accounts
- have a personal and business Instagram accounts
- have the business registered with Cooperate Affairs Commission (optional)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Virtually facilitated part of this program is a 1 Month intensive experience, which requires 7-10 hours per week of consistent training.
- The In-person facilitated part of this program is a 3 Day intensive experience, which requires 7-10 hours per day of consistent activities, including long periods of sitting during the In-person program.
- Selected candidates will receive business training, gain new networks, startup grants, and learn the necessary skills to grow sustainable businesses.