The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition is back to support food warriors who are fighting to transform Africa’s food system.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Participants in this Competition stand a chance to win a US$50,000 GRAND PRIZE in the 2022 GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition.
The competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: Africa Development Bank
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: $50,000
- Deadline: June 6, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
African Development Bank is committed to use its resources to achieve the 17 SDGs in Africa, including bringing an end to hunger, poverty and gender inequality.
Generation Africa is a partnership initiative with a vision to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent. Founding partners are Econet, a privately-held multinational telecommunications, media, energy and technology conglomerate, and Yara International, a global crop nutrition company, founded in Norway
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Gogettazz Agriprenuer Competition, you must:
- The entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition and is legally recognized as an adult in the country of nationality
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country that is a member of the African Union
- The entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership
- The entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offense, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect if requested.
- The venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 1 July 2022
- The venture is headquartered in a country that is a member of the African Union
- The venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- The venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-UK: 2023 University of York Thanzi Scholarship Programme For International Students
Study-In-Germany: 2023 University of Hohenheim Scholarship For Research Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level.
In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark.
This year, COVID restrictions permitting, the top Gogettaz agripreneurs will travel to the AGRF Summit which is being held in Kigali, Rwanda.
All our finalists will also receive mentorship, programming linkages and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
An expert jury will review all applications, considering the following criteria:
- Innovation (20%)
- Market potential and traction (20%)
- Social and Environmental Impact (20%)
- Business model (20%)
- Founder and team (20%)
- The Top 24 semi-finalists will be notified via WhatsApp and email in mid-July.
- Semi-finalists will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
- 12 finalists will be selected by the jury at the end of July 2022. Six male and six female finalists will be notified via WhatsApp and email.
- Finalists will be invited to compete in an online/virtual pitching contest.
- All 12 finalists will be awarded mentorship, programming linkages, and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
Method of Application
The application includes questions such as:
- “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
- “How does your venture make money?”
- “Who are your main customers?”
- “Who are your main competitors?”
- “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”
Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
Applicants that make it through the initial round will be asked to submit a three-minute pitch video, where you can really impress the judges and show them why you deserve to go into the 2022 GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition finals.
Click on the button below if you are interested and qualified for the competition.
Deadline: June 6, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region