African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition is created to support agripreneurs by focusing on building the bankability of their businesses and ensuring that they are pitch ready for potential investors.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Entrepreneurs will be coached and mentored in an interactive and tailored two-week training to review, prepare and present their businesses for capital raising from investors. The short listed successful agripreneurs will pitch to the judges and engage investors in the AgriPitch dealroom.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: African Development Bank
- Category: Competitions | Training
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: USD $140,000 | Monitorship
- Deadline: November 4, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
Early Start-ups (0-3 years)
- Individuals who are at the very early stage of developing ideas/concepts for agripreneurship or a newly established business.
- Must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept.
- May or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- May or may not have a registered corporate entity.
Mature Start-ups (above 3 years)
- Individuals and firms with existing market traction: technology, product or service, already in the market.
- Must have a clear investment ask and growth plan/strategy.
- Must be a registered corporate entity.
Women-empowered Businesses (WEBs)
- Meet eligibility requirements for either Early Start-ups or Mature Start-ups.
- Firms that are 51% owned by women or founded by a woman.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
- Winning SMEs will access a total grant pool of USD $140,000.
The AgriPitch online programme includes a training session (Bootcamp) on strategic partnerships for equity in agriculture, nutrition, and financing the youth and women.
In the two-week-long business development boot camp, AgriPitch competitors can attend virtual sessions on product development, revenue channel identification, logistics, marketing, business management, investment readiness, financing, and other issues, led by trainers and coaches
Following the training and bootcamp, the participating agripreneurs will receive follow-up mentorship and coaching (virtually) for a period of six months. The mentorship activity will also link the AgriPitch participants to relevant resources throughout the six month period and beyond.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- National ID card / passport
- Company registration document
- Company brochure
- Summary business plan
- Business licences
- Company profile
- Financial statements
- Marketing materials
- Pitch deck
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply using the link below
Deadline: November 4, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region