Applications are now invited from interested and qualified African Tech innovators for the 2022 African Union Civic Tech Fund.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The African Union Civic Tech Fund will provide financial support to each initiative in the range of €10 000 to €20 000 – over an implementation period of six months as well as the thematic, marketing and technical expertise through the engagement of civic tech specialists.
The African Union Civic Tech Fund is a pan-African competition that aims to accelerate innovative civic tech initiatives that have the potential to lead to citizen-led transformative action across the African continent.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- The 2022 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students in Canada | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipend.
The African Union Civic Tech Fund (AUCTF) is a project funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and aiming at evaluating and sustaining effective models in citizens’ participation and policy influence with the support of replicable and/or scalable civic tech initiatives and citizens led transformative action across the African continent.
The AUCTF is offering fellowships for 5 civic tech professionals for a period of minimum 3 months to technically support and to advise beneficiaries awarded the grants for the development of their civic tech initiatives in 7 African countries – Mali, Nigeria, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya, Morocco.
To be considered for the programme, you must address the following in your innovation:
- Relevance to the priorities (as described in these present guidelines);
- Technical viability of the suggested civic tech initiative & operational capacity of the implementing organisation;
- Added-value elements (as described in these present guidelines);
- Expected impact on proposed target groups;
Please see the Terms of Reference here for more details
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Duration and Reward
- Financial support
○ EUR 10 000 to EUR 20 000 per recipient.
- Technical support
○ Virtual inception/acceleration week (hosted by AfriLabs).
○ Provision of embedded technical expertise through the engagement of civic tech specialists.
- Thematic support
○ Provision of thematic expertise on democracy support, African Union governance & continental policy-making.
- Marketing, communication & showcasing support
○ Facilitation of access to decision-makers at the African Union level as well as the international development community.
- Peer-to-peer learning & networking
○ Facilitation of exchange between recipients and other members of related civic tech ecosystems.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Personal statement
- 2 reference letters
- Motivation letter
Method of Application
Before applying, please see the Terms of Reference here for more details concerning the requirements and the application.
Interested candidates should send a CV and the supporting documents listed in the Terms of Reference to [email protected] Please name the email heading as follows: “LAST NAME – FIRST NAME – Tech Fellowship – ROLE FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.”
Interviews will take place in the week of 27th of June 2022, with a possible start date on the the week of the 11th or 18th of July 2022.