The Ahmadu Bello Foundation Scholarship is now ongoing for eligible Nigerian students who are currently enrolled into institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Ahmadu Bello Foundation Scholarship provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria.
The scholarship is offered to eligible students and is renewable upon the satisfaction of certain requirements.
Several other scholarships in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Manchester Future Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships worth £28,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 University of Miami Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and a $12,000 annual stipend, laptop, and accommodation.
- 2022 Government of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship for International Students | Offers full scholarship with $9,516 annual stipends.
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
The scholarship award is worth N100, 000.00 (One hundred thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division for university students and Upper Credit for polytechnics students.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified and successful applicants of Northern States origin who gained admission into 100 level (through JME), 200 level (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2020/2021 academic session and have commenced their studies.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a candidate who was admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Have an offer of admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
- Credit in 5 0’level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship award is worth N100, 000.00 (One hundred thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division for university students and Upper Credit for polytechnics students.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following;
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring inches x2inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student Identification card
- WAEC or NECO( senior secondary school examination results)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a Community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)
Method of Application
- Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee an award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and the student’s ranking in the selection exercise.
- Any falsification of information at any stage will result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online. Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send all application documents to email@example.com