The Ashoka Africa Changemaker Challenge for Young Nigerians aims to elevate and highlight the valuable contribution of young Nigerians who are solving some of the country’s biggest issues through collaboration and changemaking.
As Ashoka looks to build an ecosystem of Changemaker Cities, we bring to you an opportunity to share your changemaker story. The Ashoka Africa Changemaker Storytelling Challenge is looking for inspiring stories from young people in Nigeria making a difference through social innovation.
Share your story on how you are working or have worked with a team to create solutions to social challenges including but not limited to climate action, healthcare, unemployment, education, gender, diversity-equity-inclusion, minority rights, ICT, agriculture and economic sustainability in Nigeria.
- Participants aged 18 – 35
- Country: Nigeria
- The social innovation should have been or is being implemented in Nigeria within the last two years
- Participants must be working with a team.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Winners will get:
- Cash Prize: Winner (200,000N); Runner Up; (100,000N) and 3rd place; (50,000N)
- Media Visibility: Top stories will be showcased on Ashoka’s #EveryDayChangemaking Early Changemaking Series
- Become a Co-leader in the Everyone A Changemaker movement in Nigeria
Method of Application
Submit your story to highlight your journey in transforming Nigeria. Click the button below to submit your story.
Please note that shortlisted stories will go through a community review process to determine the top 3 finalists. Winners shall be announced on May 5, 2022.