Funded by the Australian government and valued at up to $124,000, the Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships provide a tuition fee offset and a living-costs stipend to high quality international postgraduate students.
International students are invited to apply for Australian Government RTP Scholarship to study at the University of Sydney – Australia.
Scholarship can be taken in any of three rounds awarded annually. The University of Sydney welcomes applications for the Australian Government RTP Postgraduate research scholarships.
The RTP provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to HEPs to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The objectives of the RTP scheme are to: provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking HDRs at Australian HEPs deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market support collaboration between HEPs and industry and other research end-users
To be eligible, you must;
- Be a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
Note: Applicants who are undertaking their first PhD degree will be the first priority to be considered for Research Training Program Scholarships.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The RTP scholarships are valued at $35,629 per annum.
The RTP International Scholarship assists with OSHC, tuition fees and living costs.
- RTP stipend scholarships are awarded in November, February and June. Therefore, you must submit all required documentations for your admission application, and Research Experience evidence (if applicable) to be considered in the relevant award timelines.
- Current students can apply here.
- Commencing students should select the check box to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree.
- Document requirements: Please refer here to the documents for applicants for details of selection criteria, process, and additional documentation required if applicable.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply using the link provided below