The 2022 CODESRIA/CASB Summer School has opened applications for interested and qualified African students willing to learn new interdisciplinary approaches to research.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The programme is a fully-funded training covering a paid trip to Dakar, accommodation, and cost of feeding for all selected candidates.
Students and emerging scholars the opportunity to engage critically with new theoretical, conceptual, and methodological developments in African Studies and enhance the relevance of the methods to their work under the guidance of senior scholars.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarships for International Students to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $15,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- The Koç University Scholarships for International Students to study in Turkey | offers Full Scholarships and $6,024 annual stipends, accommodation and meal.
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and The Centre for African Studies in Basel (CASB) call for applications for their 5th Summer School in African Studies and Area Studies in Africa.
The Summer School is offered with the generous support of the Oumou Dilly Foundation (Switzerland) in cooperation with CODESRIA and aims at strengthening the links between the CODESRIA community of scholars and scholars from the African Studies community in Switzerland.
To be considered for the summer school training, you must:
- Be a PhD students and emerging scholars enrolled and working at Higher Education institutions in any country.
- Applications from PhD students registered in African and Swiss universities and in the following disciplines are highly encouraged: Social Anthropology, Sociology, History, Religion, Philosophy, Gender studies and Political science.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Duration and Reward
- Travel, accommodation, and meals during the Summer School will be provided for participants enrolled at institutions in Africa.
- The programme will be held between August 8-12, 2022.
The goals of the Summer School are the following:
- Give PhD students and emerging scholars the opportunity to engage critically with new theoretical, conceptual and methodological developments in African Studies and enhance the relevance of the methods to their work under the guidance of senior scholars;
- Encourage PhD students and emerging scholars to reflect on the potential relevance of knowledge on Africa to the task of improving our theoretical, conceptual and methodological tools both in the disciplines as well as in interdisciplinary work;
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A letter of motivation with a clear statement on how you approach the challenge of “objectivity” in the social sciences and humanities as practiced in Africa and elsewhere
- A five-page concept paper should highlight: (a) what they are working on (b) how their work relates to the theme of the Summer School; (c) their expectations from the Summer School should they be selected.
- Curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation from the candidate’s institution of affiliation
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
Method of Application
The 5th CODESRIA/ZASB Summer School invites applications from doctoral students interested in exploring these issues as part of a larger framework of engaging with methodological challenges in African Studies.
Applications can be made in French, Portuguese, and English.
Click on the button below to commence your application.