DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships awards funding to Sub-Saharan African students for full-time Master or PhD degrees in their own country or another Sub-Saharan African country as part of its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme.
The programme promotes the mobility of researchers between Sub-Saharan African countries and capacity building at Sub-Saharan African universities.
Master and PhD scholarships in this programme are awarded for preselected degree programmes in development-related and SDG-oriented fields at preselected Sub-Saharan African institutions. Scholarships are awarded to Sub-Saharan African students for study and research in their home country (In-Country) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region).
- Host: German Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Reward Full Scholarship
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Ghana – West African Center for Crop Improvement (WACCI), University of Ghana, Subject fields: Master Seed Science and Technology (Master)
Malawi – Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR), Subject field: Aquaculture and Fisheries Science (PhD)
Namibia – University of Namibia (UNAM), Subject fields: Biodiversity Management (Master)
South Africa – (In-Region scholarships only; In-Country scholarships for South Africa are addressed in a separate call for applications -> DAAD South Africa In-Country
– University of Witwatersrand, African Centre for Migration and Displacement (ACMS), Subject field: Migration and Displacement Studies (Master, PhD)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.