To gain valuable and a first- hand skill and work experience in other to boost your career, you are hereby invited to apply for Distell Students Internship Programme. This program is highly competitive and recommended for students and young graduates from all nationalities.
Distell offers a 1 year internship programme where students from around the world can gain work experience in various fields of studies. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing on 1 February of each year.
The programme runs from 1 February till 31 January of every year and students wishing to apply should upload their CV here on our website. Recruitment takes place during September to December of each year and students are welcome to visit our website during this period to view the advertisements.
Applications are invited to apply for the above mentioned position to be based at Nederburg & Monis, Paarl Cluster within the Quality Department. The successful applicants will report to Quality Controller Intrinsic/Extrinsic at Nederburg and Intrinsic Quality Manager at Monis.
Purpose of the Positions
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing on the 1st of February 2022 and terminating on the 31 January 2023.
- The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are currently studying towards a relevant formal qualification.
Key Learning Areas include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Control and Assurance (intrinsic & extrinsic control, Quality Management Systems; etc)
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria;
- South African citizenship
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification or recently qualified (National Diploma in Food Technology/Analytical Chemistry, BSc Bio Technology
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position
- Willing and able to work extended hours
- Reliable transport to and from place of work
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Covering/Motivational letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of tertiary qualification
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and the format for evaluation
- Certified copy of ID
Method of Application
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers