The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Agri-Food Network (IAFN) are launching a pilot Accelerator Mentorship Programme to support women entrepreneurs in addressing key challenges and constraints they face in their businesses.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Its intention is to provide access to expertise and access to knowledge products and tools to grow your business. A cohort of 50 female entrepreneurs operating in the agrifood sector in the Sub-Saharan Africa region will be selected to participate in the first year of the customised programme, planned to begin in October 2022.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $14,677 annual stipend.
- 2022 University of Miami Scholarship for International Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $12,000 annual stipends
- 2023 Bond University HDR Scholarships for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,863 annual stipends
- Host: FAO/IAFN
- Category: Training
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Reward: Training | Mentorship | Certification | Networking
- Deadline: August 29, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Accelerator Mentorship Programme will include the following components:
- One-on-One Mentoring. Each participant will be paired with a mentor through a matchmaking programme, with a leader/ expert in their area of need and will receive personal guidance and consultation for 6 months.
- Capacity development and tools – Tailor-made training to enhance hard skills. Each participant will be expected to complete 2 mandatory courses and select at least 2 of the optional courses, according to her interests, needs and priorities. In addition, participants will have access to a wide range of knowledge products and tools.
- Workshops & Interaction with Global Leaders. Through joint workshop sessions with experts in the field, participants will have access to knowledge exchange sessions, peer learning and networking with each other as well as with invited experts allowing for interactive moments. IAFN will also provide guidance and dedicated workshops on how to access finance, such as on the development of business plans and/ or bankable proposals. These workshop sessions will be recorded and made available in a password-protected dedicated section of the FAO CONNECT Portal, which participants can access if they have missed a session and/or would like to refer to them subsequently. At the end of each workshop, there will be interactive time with business leaders and mentors.
A virtual graduation ceremony will take place at the end of the programme, involving FAO and IAFN management, and participants will be honored with certificates.
The program does not guarantee any sales or loans will incur as a result of participation. Its intention is to provide access to expertise and access to knowledge products and tools to grow your business. A cohort of 50 female entrepreneurs operating in the agrifood sector in the Sub-Saharan Africa region will be selected to participate in the first year of the customised programme, planned to begin in October 2022.
The selected participants will also provide brief clips or short videos showcasing their businesses and their experiences in participating in the programme. Experiences will be documented and published in the FAO CONNECT Portal.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the FAO/IAFN Accelerator Programme, you must:
- Be a female entrepreneur leading and owning small and medium enterprises (SMEs) operating in the agrifood sector in the Sub-Saharan Africa region
- Be from Sub-Saharan African countries
- Be ready to meet virtually with assigned mentor once a month for a total of six meetings
- Be ready to complete 4 courses through the FAO eLearning Academy (self-paced programmes)
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Program Duration and Reward
- The programme takes place over six months from October 2022 to March 2023
Selected Women Entrepreneurs will be provided with:
- A one-to-one mentorship/ coaching opportunity
- A series of tailor-made trainings to enhance hard skills from a selection of available options
- Knowledge exchange, networking and peer-learning opportunities; and
- Access/links to tools developed by FAO, IAFN and other institutions.
Method of Application
Applicants will be notified by September 30, 2022 as to the success of their submission.
Interested candidates should complete the online application form using the link below.
Deadline: August 29, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region