Applications are invited from Photographers from all Nationalities to for the Fondation Carmignac Photojournalism Award. The Carmignac Photojournalism Award (Prix Carmignac du photojournalisme) aims to support the production of a photographic project that documents this ecological, social and international crisis.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
In 2009, while media and photojournalism faced an unprecedented crisis, Edouard Carmignac created the Carmignac Photojournalism Award to support photographers in the field. Directed by Emeric Glayse, it funds annually the production of an investigative photo reportage on human rights violations, geostrategic issues in the world.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 DAAD MIPLC Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €10,200 annual stipend.
- 2022 Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship for International Students to study in China | offers Full Scholarships and $14,677 annual stipends
- 2022 Umeå University Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students to study in Sweden | offers Full Scholarships and $37,108 annual stipends
Selected by an international jury, the laureates receive a €50,000 grant to carry out a 6-month field report with the support of the Fondation Carmignac, which produces, upon their return, a travelling exhibition and the publication of a monograph. At the end of each edition, four photographs bequeathed by the laureates are included in the Carmignac collection.
Photography has played an important role in the life of this post-colonial society, bearing witness to daily and family life as well as revealing a political and cultural golden age in the 1960s and 1970s. It is important today that this medium confronts realities that challenges the utopia of a common world championed since independence.
The Carmignac Photojournalism Award (Prix Carmignac du photojournalisme) aims to support the production of a photographic project that documents this ecological, social and international crisis.
To be considered for the Grant, you must:
- Be a photographer of any nationality
- Be available to carry out a 6-month field report
- Be willing to go back to his/her home country after the program
- Be in good health condition
- Be fluent in English or French
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Duration and Reward
- The program will run for a period of 6 months
- Laureates will receive a €50,000 grant
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form to be filled online
- Personal details which includes names, contacts, nationality, date of birth, e-mail, and phone number
- Website or social network
- Project (must include project title, project description, and/or pdf)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply using the link below before the deadline.