Application for the 2022 World Bank Group Internship is now open for interested and competent young professionals.
The internship is a paid programme usually hourly for the period of two years for selected candidates.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially, and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable.
IFC is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst for its Africa Infrastructure department. The hiring group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the power, utilities, logistics, technology, municipal finance, and transportation sectors in the North Africa, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome e Principe, and the Horn of Africa regions (together “the Region”).
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, specialization in finance preferred.
- Experience at a top tier financial institution (minimum 2+ years) with a proven track record, including experience creating financial models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Interest in development issues and working in emerging markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Language skills in Portuguese are a bonus.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Internship Duration and Reward
- The Internship period will run for a period of 2 years
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Create and review financial models and ensure consistency with financing agreements and relevant project documents.
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
• Conduct industry and market research.
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and other information submitted by clients.
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
• Work closely with IFC environment and social, insurance, technical, legal and treasury staff and external advisors to evaluate and process investment projects.
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
• Participate in investment negotiations, and in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies including quarterly reporting, compliance and tracking of development outcomes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click on the button below to commence your application.