The IYMC is an international mathematics competition that allows students from all around the world to demonstrate their math talents and express their creativity.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Since 2018, many thousand students from all around the world have participated. This creates a vast network of former participants and alumni.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC)
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $700 USD
- Deadline: October 16, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The International Youth Math Challenge is an international mathematics competition that enables students from all countries to prove their math skills and to unleash their creativity.
IYMC gives you the unique opportunity to unleash your math skills and to apply them to challenging problems. Participants can receive certificates, awards, cash prizes, and global recognition.
Qualification Round: The qualification round 2022 consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 16. October 2022. All participants receive certificates.
Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have four days to solve 10 problems of the pre-final round.
Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an online exam supervised by your teacher.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the competition, you must:
- Applicant must have to be a high-school or university student
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative
- You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- The best students receive the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize with a cash prize of respectively $150 USD, $100 USD, and $50 USD (in both age categories).
- A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math and to participate in IYMC.
- All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions receive a special honorary note on their certificates since this skill is important for the future career.
Information for Teachers and Schools
Teachers and schools are invited to share this opportunity with their students and to make talented youths in particular benefit from the IYMC. We provide special tools and features for teachers and schools to use this competition in class and to support their students.
The IYMC is a great way to sharpen the mind of your students, to give them motivation and to challenge them with creative maths problems. The problems can be used as homework or project work! Learn more: Teacher Information Flyer
Special School Awards
Schools and teachers with many participants and an excellent performance throughout the competition receive special awards. The awards are not connected to a cash prize but are supposed to honour the efforts of the schools and of the individual teachers: More Information
Teacher Login and Registration
All teachers can register to access the special IYMC teacher page (Login). This tool gives you the possibility to view the results and performance of your students, to cover the pre-final registration costs for the whole class, to supervise and upload the final exam results, and much more. You register as a teacher on this page:
Method of Application
Please submit your solution to the qualification round (here) via the official submission form. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file.
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. We do not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
After you have submitted your solution via the submission form, you can log into your status page. This status page allows you to …
- check your status and to check your uploaded solutions.
- view your results and performance reports of each round.
- download/access all your certificates.
- upload solutions for the pre-final round.
- view your personal information and more.
Important Note: Emails do not always arrive properly (e.g. spam folder). Always check your status page in all rounds. We will post your results, certificates, and important information via your status page!
Interested candidates should apply using the link below
Deadline: October 16, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region