The annual Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is organized for undergraduates in tertiary institutions in the memory of Late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the pioneer project manager of Asido Foundation.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
In their usual manner, the top 15 participants of the competition will be grouped into cohorts for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the competition and they will also head the cohorts groups created by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
Outcomes of the JAME Competition:
At the end of the competition, participants will:
- Have improved knowledge on mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
The Asido Foundation’s JAME competition commenced on 13th of November 2022 and submission ends 11:59 pm, 9th of December 2022.
To be considered for the competition, you must the following requirement:
- Open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 1st Place: #200,000
- 2nd Place: #150,000
- 3rd Place: #100,000
Winners will be announced on January 19, 2023 and the top 15 would be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
Method of Application
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: email@example.com