Applications are ongoing for the 2022 Malawi-Liverpool Pre-Masters & Pre-Doctoral Scholarships for interested and qualified eligible international students.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Pre-Masters & Pre-Doctoral programme is to be taken at the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences with awarded budgets ranging from £14,000- £17,000 for Pre-Master interns and £18,000 – £23,000 for Pre-PhD interns per person.
These funds include a monthly taxable stipend plus eligible research costs, such as research consumables or relevant personal development activities including short courses and travel.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- Swansea University ESPRC Scholarship for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships worth £16,062 annual stipend.
- 2022 University of Melbourne Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $110,000 annual stipends.
- Host Country: Malawi
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Competitions
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: £23,000
- Deadline: July 22, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome Programme -MLW and Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS), formerly College of Medicine (CoM) are committed to promoting research and research training led by Malawian & International Scientists.
The aim is to improve the health of people in Malawi and elsewhere in the Region. Collectively, the MLW and KUHeS have a unique translational research portfolio that links an excellent laboratory research base to strong hospital and community-based research and high-level policy formulation.
The MLW Research Strategy is built on the six research thematic areas: Infection Biology, Maternal Neonatal, and Child Health, Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Vaccines, Population Health, and Social Science from which Research Groups are derived.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines
- Possess high academic performance and research potential
- High quality of the proposed research
- High alignment of the research to MLW-KUHeS research areas
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Singapore: 2023 Nanyang Technological University Scholarships For International Students
Study-In-Colombia: 2023 WHO/TDR Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-UK: 2023 UWE Bristol Chancellors Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Awarded budgets will range from £14,000- £17,000 for Pre-Master interns and £18,000 – £23,000 for Pre-PhD interns per person.
- These funds include a monthly taxable stipend plus eligible research costs, such as research consumables or relevant personal development activities including short courses and travel.
- Non-allowable costs include tuition fees, pension, life insurance, supervisor allowance/honoraria, and indirect costs
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- An application letter detailing your suitability for the scholarship, motivation, and career ambition
- The research group you would like to work with and why and a letter of support from the research group
- A letter of support from a potential (co-)supervisor with a proven research track record in the applicant’s chosen research thematic area.
- A detailed CV, includes information on academic performance and achievements to date, including any awards and personal distinctions, research grants and/or fellowship funding received, and any relevant outputs, including publications and presentations.
- Photocopied certificates and transcripts
- A 2-page outline research concept and internship plan with a budget. (Including any other existing funding sources that may contribute to internship).
Method of Application
Applications will need to show how the scholarship will help the candidate develop a competitive MSc or PhD degree training application.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to further develop their research concept and a 2-page internship plan, under the supervision of the proposed supervisors, before being interviewed by a panel of senior scientists for the final selection of successful candidates.
Information on research groups/themes can be found on the aforementioned websites.
Click on the button below to begin your application
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region