The 2022 OPEC Fund Internship Programme application has commenced for interested undergraduate and graduate students willing to intern with the international organization.
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
OPEC coordinates and consolidates the policies about petroleum production and output involving its member nations. It promises a stable oil market that offers petroleum supplies that are both efficient and economic.
The OPEC Fund Internship provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; financial operations; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Internship Duration and Reward
The Internship Program runs for between three and six months and is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Method of Application
Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Please keep in mind:
- All applications must be in English;
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form.
Click on the button below