The Toyota Venture Call for Innovators seeks to assist the founders of an early-stage companies that are developing solutions to modernize manufacturing and advance sustainable production.
The programme aims to make the factory of the future a reality sooner, and jump-start your startup by getting your product or service in front of the Toyota Ventures team.
Toyota is looking to invest in promising companies that are creating technologies to enable smarter, flexible, connected factories that will amplify people and improve efficiency and sustainability.
The 2022 call for innovation is an opportunity to receive between $500,000 and $2 million in venture capital funding from Toyota Ventures through our Frontier Fund or Climate Fund.
In addition, we’re partnering with Toyota’s Manufacturing Project Innovation Center (MPIC) and Toyota Research Institute, and selected startups might also get a chance to collaborate with Toyota on a proof-of-concept project.
Your pitch deck should address the following:
- How your solution addresses the problem identified in this call for innovation
- The market opportunity and your current traction
- Your business model and go-to-market strategy to deliver value to customers
- Your company’s technology and how you’re applying it to the problem
- Founding team’s background and expertise
- The competitive landscape and how your approach is unique
- Financial performance, and projections
- Funding history, if any
Duration and Reward
- Toyota aims to invest $500K – $2M in early-stage startups that are developing solutions that will help smart automation and sustainable manufacturing.
- 3D simulation
- Artificial intelligence and computer vision
- Augmented reality
- Additive manufacturing
- Robotics software and/or hardware (adaptive robots; collaborative robots; autonomous mobile robots)
- Solutions to improve energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint in factories
- Technologies to advance electrification and battery manufacturing
- Cybersecurity and data analytics
- Worker training and safety tools
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click the button below to begin their application