Applications for the 2022 Turkey International Local Authorities Internship Program are open for interested and qualified students willing to undergo a one-week internship in Turkey.
The internship is a fully funded one-week training programme annually organized by Union of Municipalities of Türkiye since 2012 with the aim of providing local governance training to the participants.
The Union of Municipality of Turkey (UMT) is a member of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR). It also keeps the secretariat of the Turkish National Delegation to the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe.
International Local Authorities Internship Program is an international internship program annually organized by Union of Municipalities of Türkiye since 2012 with the aim of providing local governance training to the participants through instructions, practical examples and field visits including social activities and trips to various cities in Türkiye.
As the previous ones the program will facilitate trainings, field visits and social-cultural activities for future local leaders. Union of Municipalities of Türkiye looks forward to hosting valuable young participants and to provide them with a beneficial local governance experience.
- Good command of English
- Last year students or new graduates of,
- Urban/Regional Planning
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Administrative sciences
- Other related fields
Internship Duration and Reward
- The cperiod will run between 21-27 August 2022
- All expenses will be covered by the Union of Municipalities of Türkiye.
· Fundamental Values of Local Governments
· Local Democracy and Participation
· Social and Cultural Activities of Local Governments
· Global and Regional Organizations of Local Governments
· Local Governments and Sustainable Development Goals
· Comparative Local Governments
· Local Authorities in Türkiye
· CV Preparation and Interview Techniques
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Academic transcript
Method of Application
To apply the program please click on the button below to begin your application.