Applications are now open for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Internship – Public Information at the Office of the Director Division for Africa Least Developed Countries and Special Programmes.
Aside your paid salary and the training to receive, the objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations.
In addition to a competitive benefits and compensation package, the UN is also a family-friendly workplace and staff are entitled to flexible work arrangements, maternity and paternity leave, family health insurance, a pension plan and extensive professional development and learning programs.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 University of Manchester Future Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships worth £28,000 annual stipend.
- 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $25,334 annual stipends.
This position is located in the Regional Office for Africa (RoA) of the Division for Africa, Least Developed Countries and Special Programmes (ALDC). The internship will start on 18 July 2022 for an initial duration of two months.
Candidates will be assessed based on their Personel History Profiles (PHP). Individual interviews may be conducted for futher assessment. A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
To be considered for the United Nations internship, you must:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have a valid visa
- Should be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Internship Duration and Reward
The interns get salary paid as monthly stipends to successful candidates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.