The 2022 World Trade Organization Internships under the directorship of Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala have now opened applications for interested and qualified graduates all over the world.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The internship which provides a daily allowance of CHF 60 ($62 – totalling $1860/month) to the candidates, aims to give young graduates the skills and experience to work in the WTO. The recruitment policy of the WTO is to seek to attract and retain staff members offering the highest standards of competence, efficiency and integrity.
The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that regulates and facilitates international trade. Governments use the organization to establish, revise, and enforce the rules that govern international trade. The WTO is the world’s largest international economic organization, with 164 member states representing over 98% of global trade and global GDP.
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Category: Internships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $1860 Monthly Stipend
- Deadline: Not Specified
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The WTO Internship Programme provides an opportunity for post-graduate students from WTO member and observer countries to gain valuable experience from working at the WTO.
There are three internship programmes at the WTO. (1) The WTO Internship Programme is open to post-graduate students from all WTO members and countries or customs territories engaged in accession negotiations;
(2) The China LDC and Accessions Programme (also known as the China WTO Accession Internship Programme); and
(3) the WTO Support Programme for Doctoral Studies. Both (2) and (3) are reserved for post-graduate students from developing countries and least developed countries (LDCs).
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the internship, you must:
- be a national of a WTO member state or a country or customs territory engaged in accession negotiations
- have completed his/her undergraduate studies in a relevant discipline and have completed at least one year of his/her postgraduate studies
- be at least 21 years old and a maximum of 30 years old during the internship.
Internship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will be up to a maximum of six months.
Interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance.
Medical health insurance coverage is mandatory in Switzerland, and interns are responsible for organizing their own health insurance prior to commencing their internship at the WTO.
Interns may nevertheless apply for any external vacancies.
Method of Application
Candidates should submit their applications through the WTO external jobs platform and only candidates selected for interview are contacted. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. A roster of suitable candidates is maintained from which interns are selected. Suitable applications are maintained on the roster for one year.
Intake to the WTO Internship Programme is on an ongoing basis, with no specific recruitment period. However, there may be specific vacancy notices for internship positions requiring particular qualifications and skillsets published on the WTO’s e-Recruitment website.
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help | Email: email@example.com
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region