Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is hiring instructional staff to teach during July 2022 in our online academic enrichment and leadership program for secondary school students from Africa. Preferred candidates include graduate or undergraduate students with a desire to teach online and a passion for working cooperatively with others.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for teaching, mentoring, and inspiring talented African high school students, and are willing to work collaboratively to create a successful and memorable program.
For information about additional employment opportunities with our sister program, Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS)
Instructional staff will teach, mentor and supervise program participants during our online session.
This position is a good fit for anyone interested in:
- Teaching and mentoring a diverse group of high school students;
- Gaining experience in an African context;
- Growing and improving as an educator.
Instructional staff play an essential role in developing our curriculum as well as take on a wide array of academic and supervisory responsibilities. Instructional Staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing seminars on topics of personal and professional interest;
- Leading SAT tutorials;
- Running university guidance workshops;
- Facilitating Family Time sessions over the course of the week;
- Aiding leadership team as necessary in administering program policy and ensuring student comfort and security.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The pay structure for Instructional Staff is as follows:
This compensation includes all training and preparation before and during the session. Instructional staff must complete all planning and teaching responsibilities to receive compensation.
You can learn more about YYAS’ programmatic components, including those mentioned above, by clicking here. Instructional staff must commit to work for the full duration of the session in addition to attending all trainings and the orientation.
Yale Young African Scholars Online: July 20 – July 26, 2022*
*Program dates subject to change
- April 2022 – YYAS Staff Curricular Training
- April-June 2022 – Curriculum Development
- June 2022 – 2nd YYAS Staff Curricular Training
- July 2022 – YYAS Online Staff Orientation
Method of Application
The application process includes an online application form, a resume, and optional letters of recommendation.
- January 2, 2022 @ 11:59pm – Applications are due
- January 2022 – Interviews scheduled for applicants
- February 2022 – Expected release of hiring decisions
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any employment questions.