African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship is established to provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The broad objective of the program is also to provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s.
To be eligible for AfDB Virtual Internship , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Selected interns will perform their internship remotely while waiting for the Bank to gradually return to office. As such, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In a few cases, and especially where the duties and responsibilities to be assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. In such instances:
- interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- the Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible interns will benefit from a medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Strategic Focus areas
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
Method of Application
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Regular Staff: If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
External Candidate: If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.