Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program is to empower young African global citizens who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
After multiple highly successful cycles of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program, the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is proud to announce another call for applications for what will be the 6th round of our GC Scholarship
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC)
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: April 9, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change-makers to address one or more of the SDGs in their community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project whilst also benefitting from a summer school as well as various expert trainings and workshops on specific topics.
For some inspiration, do check out this Link to our Website featuring some of the previous SDG Micro-Projects.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements;
- African youth regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation
- Age group 20-35
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, be working towards a PhD, or be within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong dedication to SDGs and the ideals of global citizenship.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
- Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards)
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Germany: 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-China: 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship Program for International Students
APPLY: 2023 Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-Germany: 2023 DAAD Masters Scholarship for African Students (Fully-funded)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The training targets 15 young African change makers, ages 20 to 35 from an African country.
- Full Scholarship
Do you have…
- A minimum English level – B2
- Completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a PhD, or are you within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
If your answer is YES, then GET STARTED and nominate yourself!
During the nomination process you will need to enter:
- Your personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, gender, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. academic titles, name of organization, function)
- SDG Micro-Project information (title, issues and SDGs tackled, general process and implementation)
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- A motivation letter (max 250 words)
- A portrait photo of yourself (JPEG or PNG format)
- An introduction video of yourself (max 30 seconds, MP4 or MOV format)
- Your CV
You will always be able to save your nomination form as a draft and come back to it later.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
Deadline: April 9, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region