Chatham House Internship Program offers an invaluable learning experience through a six-month placement in one of our teams.
A Chatham House internship is your chance to work with our community of world-leading policy experts and make lifelong connections.
If you are passionate about international affairs and looking for a career in the sector, we want to hear from you.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
A Chatham House internship is your chance to work with our community of world-leading policy experts and make lifelong connections. If you are passionate about international affairs and looking for a career in the sector, we want to hear from you. Some of the benefits include earning a London living wage, working from home and from our historic building in the heart of central London and having access to world-class events.
The programmes currently hiring are:
- Environment and Society Centre
- International Affairs journal
- International Law Programme
- UK in the World Programme
- Russia and Eurasia Programme
- Middle East and North Africa Programme
To apply for an internship you must be:
- Residing in the UK;
- In possession of the right to work in the UK, by the start of the internship programme;
- Aged 18 or over;
- Able to commit to a six month part-time or full-time internship.
Please note we are unable to sponsor visas for interns.
You can apply if you are a school leaver, still studying or a graduate. You do not have to have a degree or set experience to apply. We care about your passion, skills and potential.
We are committed to building diverse and inclusive teams to apply new ideas and fresh perspectives to our work. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
As an intern you will enjoy access to a wide range of benefits including:
- A London Living Wage;
- A unique learning and development programme tailored to your personal goals;
- Networking with commentators, researchers and international policy-makers;
- Access to our eLibrary including over 2,000 journals;
- Access to our events, online and at Chatham House;
- Complimentary membership (subject to a performance evaluation).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
You will be notified via email of the outcome of your application. It can take up to six weeks from the closing date for us to contact you.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. We will advise of any pre-interview preparation required.
Please note we do not accept speculative applications or applications by email.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact our HR team.