DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is currently in its 5th Cycle.
Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and so far, the Bank has trained over 2000 MSMEs across Nigeria digitally and physically, leveraging partnerships and the DBN Learning Management System (LMS).
Target Audience: This is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
The Development Bank of Nigeria is a development finance institution focused on alleviating financing constraints faced by Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria through providing financing, partial credit guarantees and technical assistance.
The Bank was started by the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide loans to Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in Nigeria. The bank does not disburse the loan to the borrower in cash but through participating intermediary banks in Nigeria.
To be considered for the Program, you must:
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- A self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for pre-selected 1000 entrepreneurs available for a 1- month period (Aug 16 – September 10)
- The first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course will be invited to join the live instructor-led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria, after which the best 200 MSMEs who attend the live webinar session will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- The curriculum will be tailored to the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs upon the completion of a needs-based analysis.
- Shortlisted MSMEs will all be eligible to attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- All successful MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
The annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs.
Method of Application
- All applicants must register on the DBN BizAid application.
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- Training will commence on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
All applicants must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping,
- Sustainability for MSMEs,
- Marketing and Sales Techniques,
- Credit Management/Access to Finance.
To Start the training, simply register through here