Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards aim to support eligible undergraduate, HND, postgraduate, and physically challenged students in their pursuit of higher education.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Eligible undergraduate, HND, postgraduate, and physically challenged students can apply online from 1st May to 15th June, 2023. Secure financial support for your education and achieve your goals.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: Ekiti State Government
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Physically Challenged
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: 60,000 Naira – 750,000 Naira
- Deadline: June 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Furtherance to the commitment of Ekiti State Government in encouraging academic excellence and alleviating the financial burdens of its brilliant students.
The administration of Mr. Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji will award scholarship to qualified students who are already pursuing various courses in their second year and above in Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the awards, you must:
- Scholarship Awards:
- Undergraduate students must be in their 2nd year or above, possess WASSCE/NECO with a minimum of five credits, including English Language and Mathematics in one sitting, and have a minimum CGPA of 4.0 (universities), 3.50 (polytechnics), or 3.50 (NCE) in their current institutions of study.
- Master’s Degree applicants must have a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper Division) at the undergraduate level.
- Ph.D. Scholarship Award applicants must have a grade of distinction in their Master’s Degree and a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper Division) at the undergraduate level. A letter of recommendation from the university is also required.
- Physically challenged students in tertiary institutions (NCE, ND, College of Health Tech, School of Nursing/Midwifery, HND, and postgraduates) are eligible for the Scholarship Award.
- Students on part-time and sandwich courses are not eligible for the Scholarship Awards.
- Bursary Awards: All students, including physically challenged postgraduate students, can apply for Bursary Awards.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Germany: 2023 University of Stuttgart Scholarship Program for Developing Countries
Study-In-Saudi Arabia: 2024 King Fahd University Scholarship for International Students
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
APPLY: 2023 NNPC/Chevron JV National University Scholarship for Young Nigerians
Scholarship Duration and Reward
|1||Physically Challenged Award||N60,000|
|2||Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)/Ordinary National Diploma Award (OND)||N60,000|
|4||Higher National Diploma (HND) Award||N60,000|
|5||Law School Bursary Award||N150,000|
|6||Master’s degree Award||N250,000|
|8||Bursary to students in Tertiary Institutions jointly awarded by the State and Local Governments on 50:50 ratio||N10,000|
To forestall fraud and/or impersonation, an applicant shall submit along with the application form, certified copies of the underlisted:
- The current school fees payment receipts
- Institution’s identification cards
- Letter of identification from Head of Department
- Certified transcript by the Registrar of the Institution.
- Certified copies of credentials
- Certificate of Local Government origin.
- 3 Years Tax Payment Certificate and Development Levy receipts of applicant’s parent.
Method of Application
Guidelines for application:
- Advertisement for the scholarship Scheme is placed in electronics and print media by the Ekiti State Scholarship Board.
- Each application form must be filled correctly on – line by the applicant and print – out must be verified with the Institution’s official stamp/seal clearly impressed on it.
- Any application form not downloaded from the official Scholarship website for the year 2023/2024 Scholarship award is invalid.
- The completed application form must contain the applicant’s current CGPA boldly written and authenticated by the Head of Department. The Registrar will confirm whether he/she is full time or a part time student.
- The application form for bursary must be stamped and endorsed by the Chairman of the applicant’s Local Government Area.
- The completed application form must be submitted within the stipulated period as contained in the advertisement.
- Application forms are downloaded free of charge on-line at the Scholarship Board website: https://scholarship.ekitistate.gov.ng.
- Late submission of form is not acceptable to the Board.
Free application forms for eligible students can be obtained at the Ekiti State Scholarship Board, New Secretariat, Ado-Ekiti. Applicants must apply online through the Ekiti State Scholarship Board website.
Application Forms Download Links:
- Physically Challenged Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Physically Challenged Postgraduate Students
- Bursary Awards
NB: All prospective applicants must submit their hard copy application forms on or before Friday, 15th June 2023. Late application forms will not be accepted by the Board.
Deadline: June 15, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region