EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host: EU | ECOWAS | British Council
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: West African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $900 Monthly Stipend | Mentorship
- Deadline: February 10, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Interested candidates are encouraged to follow the British Council, European Union and ECOWAS for information on when applications to their preferred institutions will be opened.
Candidates interested in submitting their applications to the institutions in Senegal and Cape Verde are encouraged to join a FAQ session online for more information about the scholarship in their preferred institution.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form collects responses from applicants who are interested to complete a master’s programme in the energy sector from shortlisted universities. The scholarship selection process will analyse the information collected through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania?
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)?
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage?
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If more candidates match the selection criteria than there are places available, they will be ranked according to the results of their last year of study and professional experience.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence. The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant. A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
Scholarships will be awarded on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions. Applicants are encouraged to consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in your decision making when selecting your most preferred scholarship category.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the following documents for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained, and
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Method of Application
Use the link below to apply
Navigating the Application Form:
- Applicants are advised to carefully read the information in the form description before proceeding to fill the form.
- Applicants can change the language of the form (English, French or Portuguese) in the top right corner. Only one application form needs submitting. Do not submit several forms in different languages.
- Applicants should ensure all information provided in the form are as accurate as possible.
- Applicants will need to attempt answering all required questions to move forward with the application.
- Applicants will be allowed to select their preferred scholarship category in the application form.
- After selecting your preferred scholarship category, you will be asked to state why you deserve to be on the scholarship and justify your choice of scholarship category. Applicants are expected to provide this information within the number of words stated in the question. Failure to meet this requirement may nullify your response.
- Your response above will be considered along with the criteria to place successful applicants into each category, and you may be required to validate the information provided if necessary.
- Applicants who submit their application more than once on the application form will be disqualified. You are advised to read this guidance carefully before proceeding to fill the application form.
- Applicants are advised to provide their most preferred means of contact with relevant information for feedback. You can also follow the British Council on any of its social media handles for update on the scholarship programme.
- Applicants are encouraged to share the scholarship opportunity with their friends and colleagues in the electricity sub-sector.
For more information, please contact email@example.com