German Government Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Programme is built on a partnership agreement between the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), the University of Lagos (UNILAG) and the Technische Universität Berlin (TUB).
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
This collaboration seeks to contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of 2015 and the New Urban Agenda (NUA) of 2016 on the sub-Saharan African continent.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host: German Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Sub Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Allowance | Travel Fee
- Deadline: September 30, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The New Urban Agenda (NUA) in particular calls for integrated approaches to urban planning and management as a central element of an “Urban Paradigm Shift”. It recognizes the need for institutional capacity development as an important “enabling condition”.
The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab makes its contribution through a ‘Postgraduate SDG School’, in the form of an enhancement of the postgraduate training offered in the School of Architecture and Planning at Wits (a leading university on this continent) in close collaboration with the Habitat Unit at TUB and Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development at UNILAG.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- This call is open for applicants who are from sub-Saharan African countries other than South Africa.
- A separate call for South Africans will be open soon.
- For all applicants whose highest degree was not obtained in South Africa, a proof of application for assessment of their degrees by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) must be attached to the scholarship application.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The masters scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend covering living expenses
- Travel from home country/ place of origin
- Student medical aid (12 months)
They will be responsible for organizing their accomodation in Johannesburg as well as for organizing their travel to Johannesburg, and for covering the respective costs. The expenses will be refunded during
the first half of the academic year.
Students applying for the scholarship are required to pay for their SAQA fee costs. SAQA fee costs will not be refunded.
The Wits-TUB-UNILAG reserves the right not to make all or to make no scholarship awards.
Method of Application
The Wits-TUB-UNILAG scholarship for sub-Saharan African nationals is open. Before applying, please read the detailed call here.
To apply for the scholarship, please fill in the attached application form here. Please submit all required documents on or before 30 September 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be considered. Please note that a separate call for South Africans will be open soon.