Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Theme: Youth Creating a Peaceful Future
What does a peaceful world look like to you? How can young people work together, using creative ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future? Share your specific ideas.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: Goi Peace Foundation
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: All Country
- Reward: Certificate | 1,000 Dollar Price | Awards | Gifts
- Deadline: June 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Goi Peace Foundation is a public benefit organization supported by members around the world working together to create a culture of peace.
The Goi Peace Foundation embodies the spirit of Masahisa Goi (1916-1980), a Japanese spiritual teacher, philosopher, poet and author who dedicated his life to peace and humanity.
After witnessing the terrible destruction of the Second World War, Masahisa Goi started a world peace movement to spread the universal message and prayer May Peace Prevail on Earth, as a way to unite the hearts of humanity transcending all boundaries of culture
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To participate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY: 2023 US Government Fulbright Teaching Exchanges Program for International Teachers
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
Study-In-Germany: 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
2023 NNPC-Shell National University Scholarship Scheme For Nigerian Students
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize (1 entrant): Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 2nd Prize (3 entrants): Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 3rd Prize (5 entrants): Certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
Method of Application
Entries must be submitted online. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
- Before you register, please read the contest guidelines and FAQs carefully.
- Create your essay file in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format. Your essay file size must be 2MB or less. Your essay must be typed, with your name and essay title at the top of the first page.
- Go to either “Individual” or “School/Organization” Entrant Registration page.
- After entering all required information, click “SUBMIT” button at the bottom of the page to create an account.
- When your account is successfully created, you will be automatically logged in to “My Account”.
- For “INDIVIDUAL”: In “My Account”, click “Add Essay” on the side menu, attach your essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT”. Only one entry per person is accepted. Once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your certificate from the “Download Certificate”.
- For “SCHOOL/ORGANIZATION”: In “My Account”, click “Add Student” on the side menu, register one student per row, attach each essay by selecting the file on your computer, and click “SUBMIT.” Only one entry per person is accepted. Once your entry is successfully submitted, you can download your students’ certificates from the “Student List” and your certificate from the “Teacher‘s Certificate of Participation” on the side menu.
- If you leave “My Account” page, you can log in again with your email address and password from “Entrant login” on the top menu.
- Please note that you can only create one account with one email address.
Deadline: June 15, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region