Heirs Life Essay Championship is an annual essay writing competition for secondary school students that rewards their creativity and writing skills.
This year’s championship targets junior secondary students across Nigeria, promising to reward the winner with N2million in scholarship and N500,000 worth of educational materials for the winner’s school, among other consolation prizes.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
Leading specialist life insurance company, Heirs Life Assurance (HLA), has announced the commencement of the second edition of its nationwide essay competition, Heirs Life Essay Championship, following the widespread success of the inaugural edition.
The first edition of the championship was a resounding success as students across the country responded positively to the essay prompt. The quality of essays received was remarkable, and we were humbled by the dreams and aspirations of our young ones.
With the relaunch of this second edition, Heirs Life reiterates its commitment to improving lives, especially families, and by extension, children across the country.
To be considered for the essay, you must not the following:
- The essay competition is for JSS1 – JSS3 students (schooling in Nigeria) nationwide.
- Only one entry per student is accepted.
- Follow the essay specification below
- Parents and Teachers can assist students to register and submit directly but should not assist with the actual task of writing the essay itself.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-South Africa: 2024 University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship For International Students
See prizes for the top 3 students and the winner’s school below:
- Overall Winner- One-year scholarship worth N2,000,000
- Second place- N150,000 cash
- Third Place- N100,000 cash
- Winner’s School- N500,000 worth of books
Good luck to all participants!
See below the essay specifications;
- Word count: 500 words. (Name and essay title are not included in the word count limit)
- The essay must be typed, not handwritten.
- Font Type: Times New Roman; Size 13 or 14
- The essay must be submitted in Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX) or Pdf format
- Submit your entries via www.heirslifeassurance.com/essay. Fill in the appropriate details and upload your document.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
Best wishes applicants