Applications for the 2022 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme will open for interested and qualified candidates willing to pursue a postgraduate degree in Hong Kong.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Hong Kong Research Grants Council annually awards scholarships with an annual stipend of US$41,690 and a conference and research-related travel allowance of US$1,740 per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
Additional support in finance is provided to the candidates by the chosen universities.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2023 National Taiwan University for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $12,000 annual stipend.
- 2022 Government of Japan MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $12,724 annual stipends
- University of Lausanne UNIL Masters Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $20,365 annual stipends
- Host Country: Hong Kong
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- $41,690 Annual Stipend
- $1,740 Annual research + travel allowance
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
Hong Kong’s education system fosters lifelong learning and independent research, leading to a motivated, highly skilled and entrepreneurial workforce. Hong Kong welcomes an international workforce.
Universities in Hong Kong offer special strengths amidst a wide choice of disciplines, developing the city into a regional and international hub for higher education and talent development.
To be considered for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, you must:
- Demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Meet the university requirements for the PhD program
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 University of Waterloo Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2023/24 academic year*. For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Academic transcripts
- Research results: Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Recommendation Letters
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
Method of Application
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2022 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
Applicants may choose up to two programmes/departments at one or two universities for PhD study under HKPFS 2023/24. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programmes.
As the deadlines for applications to some of the universities may immediately follow that of the Initial Application, candidates should submit initial applications as early as possible to ensure that they have sufficient time to submit applications to universities.