Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright Exchange, builds connections between U.S. and foreign leaders to advance solutions to the most pressing global challenges, from combatting climate change, to protecting human rights, increasing access to education, and building global health security.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program was founded in 1978 to honor the late Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey. President Jimmy Carter announced the establishment of the Humphrey Fellowship Program in Venezuela with the intent to create a program that embodied the values of democracy, social justice, and a desire to assist the world’s developing nations.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship to USA
- Deadline: Vary by countries
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Hubert H. Humphrey’s exemplary leadership, tireless devotion to public service, and sincere hope for greater understanding among nations inspired the Humphrey Fellowship Program. In 1964, he was elected Vice President of the United States under President Lyndon Johnson and returned to the Senate in 1971, serving until his death in 1978.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a Fulbright exchange activity funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrated English language ability
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Belgium: 2023 Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-France: 2023 Embassy of France Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Study-In-Poland: 2023 Poland Government Banach Scholarship for Developing Countries
APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
Duration and Reward
- Full Sponsorship
Humphrey Fellows and alumni are international leaders who foster global collaboration with U.S. and foreign counterparts to address critical and systemic challenges facing their communities and the world.
Their impact transcends national borders and builds a resilient and inclusive global society, champions good governance and human rights, promotes sustainable livelihoods and thriving communities, and upholds peace and prosperity.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Signed highest diploma (photocopy).
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English).
- Research results: Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants).
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English).
- Chinese HSK Certificate
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
- Signed No Criminal Activity Certificate (in English or Chinese)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
Method of Application
Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country. Application deadlines vary by country. Applications must contain:
- Complete answers to all questions; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the prompt.
- Two letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded by the applicant are official, valid documents. Transcripts must list courses taken and grades received. Diplomas need only be uploaded if the transcript does not show proof that the degree was obtained.
After national selection, independent review committees review nominations in the United States, and final candidate approval is determined by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. After receiving approval from the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, the U.S. Embassies and Binational Fulbright Commissions will inform candidates of their status.
Deadline: Vary by countries
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region