If you have innovative ideas to promote democracy in your community, a desire to enhance your leadership abilities, and a keen interest in connecting with youth leaders worldwide, seize this opportunity and apply for the 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program aims to empower young democracy activists globally. Selected participants spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, where they connect with other activists, exchange experiences, and contribute to the advancement of democracy. Through meetings, research, and organizing events, fellows actively address important democracy issues.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Details for the 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program:
The Hurford Program aims to develop leadership abilities and unlock the potential of emerging democratic leaders worldwide.
- Young activists will spend three (3) months in Washington D.C. USA.
- Expanding their global connections, learning from other democracy activists, and contributing to the World Movement for Democracy.
- Fellows will organize online discussions to engage youth activists globally.
- They will participate in important meetings, conduct research, and lead presentations and information-sharing sessions on specific topics.
To be considered for the fellowship, you must submit:
- an online Application Form
- C.V./Resume; and
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years of age
- Show a passionate commitment to democratic activism and the promotion of democracy locally and globally.
- Good command of the English language.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
The fellowship will last for 3 months and each fellows will benefit the following:
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Basic health insurance coverage
- Roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C.
- Access to a fully equipped office with internet and email
Method of Application
Interested applicants are to click the link below to apply.