Applications are open for the 2023 International Monetary Fund (IMF) Fellowship Program.
The 2023 IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) provides an opportunity for young leaders between 20 and 35 years of age from across the world to become part of our global effort to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to global economic challenges.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
Details for the 2023 IMF Youth Fellowship Program
Since its start in August 2020, the IMF YFP, a competitive capacity-building programme, has drawn over 9,000 applicants. The World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings are being held in Marrakech, Morocco, this year, and the IMF is funding a select group of people to attend.
- The IMF Young Fellows Programme is looking for young people who want to support the IMF’s initiatives to foster more resilient and inclusive growth for all, particularly for young people. The chosen youth fellows will participate in face-to-face sessions led by senior IMF personnel, management, and outside experts as part of the programme.
- The Application portal closes on June 30th, 2023.
- Selected participants will be informed on July 2023.
- Selected participants will attend the IMF YFP and IMF Annual Meetings in Marrakech, Morocco on the week of October 9th, 2023.
To be considered for the 2023 IMF Fellowship, you must:
- Possess a minimum age of 20 and a maximum age of 35 as of October 15, 2023.
- Possess proof of experience in at least one of the following:
- Participating in a civil society organization or social activism.
- Involvement in entrepreneurship or a start-up.
- Contributing to independent platforms as a content creator, influencer, or both.
- Possess knowledge and proficiency in basic economics, international studies, and development issues, particularly those relating to inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change.
- Possess a degree in, or are presently enrolled in, a related discipline such as communications, economics, or international relations and development
- Possess effective public speaking and presentation abilities.
- Be an IMF member country citizen.
- Not currently associated with any governmental organizations.
- Not have previously had a YFP fellowship.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
- Young professionals will have a rare and rewarding opportunity to engage with youth fellows from around the world while networking with scholars, activists, leaders, and experts.
- Participation in seminars and discussions on contemporary topics in global economics, such as inclusive growth, food hunger, and climate change, with senior IMF personnel.
- Additionally, participants will receive access to Marrakech’s Annual Meeting seminars and festivities. All travels and other related costs will be fully covered.
- Selected candidates will get the chance to interact with academics, activists, leaders, and professionals while establishing lifelong relationships with other young fellows from around the world.
- Selected candidates will join the IMF Youth Network in order to engage with prior IMF Youth Fellows and stay up to date on upcoming opportunities, events, and publications.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Statement of Purpose (not more than 1500 characters)
- Video upload: To describe an innovative economic policy solution to build resilient and inclusive growth in your country, focusing on one of the following topics:
- Promoting/advancing digitalization,
- Addressing climate change, or
- Reducing inequality to create more jobs and opportunities for young people, particularly girls.”
Method of Application
Interested candidates should complete the online application form.