Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme is an accelerator fellowship that empowers young changemakers through a holistic approach of building their capacity, connections and credibility.
It was borne out of the understanding of the challenges faced by most young social enterprises are faced with challenges such as early-stage funding, resource and connection deficit that hamper their growth and sustainability.
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) fellowship exists to support the growth of these innovative youth-led social enterprises by
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
An ideal SIP fellow should be:
- Youth between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation,
located in Nigeria.
- Applicants who have been involved in operating their project/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
LEAP will support successful applicants scale their social enterprise through:
- Provision of local and international opportunities: we support fellows with opportunities to get access to grants, trainings, workshops, organized by our partners both locally and internationally. Fellows have been able to access grants from international grant-giving organizations through their participation in the SIPA.
- Publicity for Fellows: During the course of the fellowship year, LEAP leverages its various online media platforms to showcase the innovative work done by fellows to the online community.
- Creating local partnerships for Fellows: LEAP provides the opportunity and recommendations for fellows to partner with organizations who will support with project implementation and support services.
In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied in their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Motivation for application: Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
Method of Application
- All applicants must fill the application form
- Shortlisted applicant will be required to provide the following to make the final list:
- Valid Government issued identification.
- Evidence (photographs, videos, fliers, publications etc.) of past project implemented by the organization.
Use the link below to access the application portal