The Maltina Teacher of the Year Award is designed to identify, honour, and reward exceptional teachers in Nigeria.
Supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and various education stakeholders, the Maltina Teacher of the Year program has recognized a total of 181 teachers since its inception.
The applications for the 2023 Maltina Teacher of the Year Award are now open for eligible applicants.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Details for the 2023 Maltina Teacher of the Year Award
The 2023 Maltina Teacher of the Year Award aims to honour and commend exceptional teachers in Nigeria.
- This initiative is open to teachers in all secondary schools nationwide. Each state, including the FCT, will have its champion, from which the overall winner will be selected.
- State Champions from the 36 States and the FCT will be recognized and rewarded, with National Winners chosen from these State Champions after further evaluation.
To be eligible for the 2023 Maltina Teacher of the Year Award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must not have been a former state champion within the past 3 years.
- Must be below the age of 55.
- Must currently be teaching in a public or private secondary school.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
The award will be given to selected participants in this category:
- Cash prize: 6.5 million naira
- Fully equipped block of classrooms or computer laboratory
- Capacity development training
- Cash prize: 1.5 million naira
- Cash prize: 1.25 million naira
- Cash prize: 500,000 thousand naira
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Birth certificate/Sworn affidavit of age
- Teachers Registration Council Certificate
- Valid ID (Permanent Voters’ Card, International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s Licence)
- Credentials / Certificates
- Passport Photograph 5cm X 5cm
- Awards and Testimonials