McKinsey & Company Africa Forward Program is a virtual learning program that boosts the careers of high-potential young professionals by equipping them with a broad set of capabilities to help them thrive. It focuses on critical skills needed for success in the future of work, such as digital essentials, structured-thinking skills, and social and emotional intelligence.
Forward’s three-level, virtual learning program offers you access to McKinsey’s cutting-edge content and a community of peers. It equips you with practical skills and tools to apply throughout your career.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Forward is launching in Africa, with plans to expand to other regions soon.
- Foundation level: Discover critical skills needed to thrive in the future of work with more than ten hours of introductory digital content.
- Advanced level Expand and apply your new skills through a six-week immersive journey with advanced digital content, bespoke virtual workshops, and peer learning.
- Network level: Join a vibrant community of peers and get access to content to help refresh your skills on your learning journey—and even discover how you can become a Forward coach too.
Forward is a training program. Participation in the program does not constitute collaboration or employment with McKinsey.
To access Forward, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside on the African continent (all countries)
- Currently employed, self-employed, or in between jobs
- Have no more than five years of formal work experience
- Have completed post-secondary education (for example: diploma, associate degree, undergraduate degree)
- Have a good command of the English language, as the program will be conducted in English
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
Interactive learning journey
Learn through a variety of formats, including digital courses, discussion boards, virtual workshops with McKinsey experts, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback.
- complete the Foundation level: 8 weeks, two hours per week
- complete the Advanced level and earn a shareable McKinsey Forward digital badge: 12 weeks, two hours per week
- participate in the Network level: 18 months, ongoing optional activities
Skills you can use immediately
Gain the skills and tools to:
- turn complex business challenges into opportunities using structured and creative thinking
- communicate with impact to move your audience to action
- apply agile ways of working and spot opportunities to use data and technology
- be adaptable, and build resilience and emotional awareness to work successfully–both independently and in teams, especially in times of change
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.