MTN MoMo is excited to invite companies, entrepreneurs, and developers from across the continent to participate in our 3rd MoMo API Hackathon.
This event provides a unique opportunity for developers based in Ghana, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Rwanda, eSwatini, Congo Brazzaville, Guinea Conakry, Zambia, Benin, South Africa, South Sudan, Liberia, and Nigeria to showcase their creativity and innovation by leveraging the MTN mobile money (MoMo) API platform.
By joining the MoMo API Hackathon, you’ll have the chance to create groundbreaking financial applications that will accelerate financial inclusion and drive the digitization of payments in Africa. Together, let’s shape the future of digital finance and empower millions of people with access to comprehensive and life-changing financial services.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
MTN MoMo is a groundbreaking fintech platform offering a wide array of innovative digital financial services to consumers and businesses across Africa.
Our platform provides access to payment, e-commerce, insurance, lending, and remittance services, operating in 17 markets on the continent.
To be considered for the program, you must:
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members on your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or ask other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start on July 31, 2023 – Oct 10, 2023 you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is 1 hackathon theme, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, and the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be fully developed for the duration of the Hackathon. You can use open-source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds, etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs solely to your team.
- By participating in the hackathon, you agree to HackerEarth’s terms and conditions.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
Duration and Reward
- 1st prize: USD 5000
- 2nd Prize: USD 3,000
- 3rd Prize: USD 2,000
Method of Application
Intrested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.