The Muslim Scholarship Fund in Nigeria (MSFN) was established in 1999 (as Muslim Education Trust Fund) in response to the serious economic hardship in Nigeria, which was having untoward effects on the educational and moral standards of the Nigerian Muslim youths.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The flyer for this year’s award is posted below. Ensure that application form is submitted by the deadline stated on the flyer.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
It is no secret that the economic situation in Nigeria makes it difficult for the majority of people to afford good education. As a result of this difficult economic situation, some Muslims are being lured into other faiths as one of the means to get education,job, and general advancement in life etc.
The Universal Basic Education (UBE) programme of the Federal Government is expected to relieve the financial difficulties at the primary and junior secondary school (JSS) level. Hence, there is the need to develop a scholarship scheme to cater for the senior secondary and tertiary levels. The MSFN scheme is therefore aimed at these levels.
The target group, are the students from the following states of Nigeria: KWARA, KOGI, LAGOS, OGUN, OYO, OSUN, ONDO, EDO, and EKITI.
When fully operational, it is expected that the scheme will cover all Muslims in the whole of Nigeria.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Must be a Nigerian Muslim
- Must be registered in (or have received admission to) a tertiary institution or senior secondary school for which he/she is seeking an MSFN scholarship
- Must be ready to participate actively in volunteer efforts beneficial to the Muslim community, such as teaching young people in coaching classes, helping the elderly, active participation in MSS activities etc. A Muslim leader in the community or school shall attest to these volunteer activities
- Undergraduate – Min. CGPA = 3.5/5.0; & Secondary School – Credit Pass in both English and Mathematics
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- N120,000 per year for undergraduates in tertiary institutions
- N40,000 per year for senior secondary school students
The above amounts may be reviewed annually, depending on the economic situation in Nigeria
Scholarships Applicable to Undergraduate & Secondary School Students in Southwestern States, Edo, Kwara and Kogi States, as follows:
- Lagos/Ogun Zone: 1 Undergraduate Slot for Ogun State Only and 3 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone.
- Oyo/Osun Zone: 5 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone.
- Kwara/Kogi Zone: 3 Undergraduate Slots for the Zone; 6 Senior Secondary School Slots for Kogi State and 2 Senior Secondary School Slots for Kwara State.
- Ondo/Ekiti/Edo Zone: 6 Undergraduate and 4 Senior Secondary School Slots for the Zone
- Endowment: 2 undergraduate applicants.
Priority will be given to female applicants and/or applicants with disability. The above zones are based on the states of origin of the applicants and NOT the states where the institutions/schools are located.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply usng the link below