NDDC Local & International Scholarships – The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) offers Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta to study abroad.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is commencing the 2019 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme.
The program is to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) offers Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta to study abroad.
The commission is created to offer a lasting solution to the socio-economic difficulties of the Niger Delta Region and to facilitate the rapid and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between September 2020 and September 2021 for the September set and;
- January 2021 to January 2022 for the January set.
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
Interview details & Required Documents
Online application on the Commission’s website
2. Shortlist candidate using:
i. WASSCE/ NECO
ii. Undergraduate degree (1st Class/Second Class Upper)
iii. Local Government Identification
3. Computer Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
4. Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
5. Shortlist Successful candidates.
6. Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
Documents Required for Application
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments
- Successfully complete application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)