NNPC/Chevron JV National University is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian students from all States of the Federation.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship program is a major component of our strategic social investment in the development of education in Nigeria..
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Full-time, SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students studying any of the under listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
(Note that these are candidates admitted in the 2021/2022 academic session. Kindly verify which academic session you fall into before completing your application)
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Geology/Geophysics/Geo Informatics
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 in a 5.0 grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of six O-level credits in one sitting.
2. The NNPC/Chevron Joint Venture is also offering scholarships specifically to blind/visually impaired SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students studying any course in Nigerian Universities.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in a 5.0 grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Have a minimum of five O-level credits.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between September 2020 and September 2021 for the September set and;
- January 2021 to January 2022 for the January set.
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
- . Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph not more than 6 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- O’ Level Result
- JAMB Result
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Method of Application
Please note that applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV scholarship are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited, its JV Partners, or any of its affiliates, including the Agbami scholarship program published simultaneously with this NNPC/CNL JV scholarship program.
Application is only open to full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) students admitted during 2021/2022 academic session. Kindly verify which academic session you fall into before completing your application.
Follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023CNLawards to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Return to “Active Scholarships” and Click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive a notification displayed on the screen and via email that you have successfully applied. To confirm Check “My application” under “My account” section on your profile account.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications may attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board