NNPC/TotalEnergies MIT-Empowering the Teachers Program offers an extraordinary opportunity to experience a semester at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
This teaching-focused fellowship is brought to you by MISTI (MIT International Science and Technology Initiative), NNPC Limited, and TotalEnergies Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI).
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
The MIT-ETT program aims to contribute to Nigeria’s socio-economic development by fostering quality education through partnerships with renowned local and international academic institutions.
The ETT Fellowship is a laboratory for innovation in engineering education, with the goal of creating impactful transformations in the Nigerian tertiary academic sphere.
The mission of MISTI is to approach to science and engineering education in African universities is yet to adopt a focus on problem solving, innovation and creativity. Furthermore standards in these tertiary institutions have retrogressed due to severe neglect and lack of investment.
To apply for the MIT-ETT program, you must:
- Be interested in developing new curricula and teaching methods, and consider yourself a change-agent
- Hold a PhD and be a faculty member in a Nigerian university teaching Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering, or Geophysics
- Have a Lecturer One rank
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Fellowship Duration and Reward
MIT-ETT will select a group of exceptional young faculty members from disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, and Geophysics from Nigerian universities. These fellows will spend a semester at MIT, either in Spring 2024 (February-May 2024) or Fall 2024 (September-December 2024).
During their time at MIT, selected faculty members will:
- Observe at least two classes similar to those they currently teach
- Develop new curricular materials and teaching approaches for adoption in their home universities
- Attend two weekly MIT-ETT seminars focused on curriculum design and MIT cultural aspects
The MIT-ETT program will cover the basic travel, living, and instructional materials expenses for the participants. The home universities of the successful applicants must commit to providing paid leave of absence during the MIT program.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
- Applications will undergo a thorough vetting process, and an MIT committee will establish a list of top candidates
- Interviews will take place in Lagos with MIT faculty and representatives of NNPC Limited and Total Energies during the week of July 17-July 21, 2023
- Selected candidates will receive interview notifications at the beginning of July 2023
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection interview
- TotalEnergies reserves the right to modify, alter, reverse, or change the schedule and/or the selection process