TTSWG IMC Go-to-Talent Challenge imed at empowering young innovators in the technology and telecommunication industry in Nigeria.
The IMC includes an Innovators Challenge, where young innovators nationwide can showcase their original technology-driven ideas and products.
The challenge culminates in an Innovators Boot Camp, where 20 selected participants will receive guidance and mentorship from industry experts. The best participants from the boot camp will present their ideas at the Innovators Conference and Exhibition, competing for cash prizes to support their innovative ventures.
The Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC) is an initiative of the Technology and Telecommunication Working Group (TTSWG).
Telecommunication and Technology Sustainability Working Group (TTSWG), a Nigerian pro-technology and non-governmental organisation that advocates for sustainability in the ICT sector, has announced the launch of its secretariat in Lagos, Nigeria. TTSWG’s main vision is for Nigeria to be an inspiration to other developing countries in adopting sustainability best practices.
Potential organisations that fit membership criteria stand to gain several attractive privileges such as access to networking opportunities with other industry players, regulators, and key industry decision-make
The Innovation Makers’ Challenge is open to young innovators who meet the following criteria:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Have innovative solutions in the following categories; Assistive Tech, EnergyTech, AgroTech, Waste Management/Climate Innovation, EdTech (including Gaming apps/innovation), Fintech.
- Can commit to attending the Innovation Conference and Exhibition in Lagos, Nigeria on the 9th of November 2023.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Innovations must be made by an individual or a team of not more than five (5) individuals.
- Innovations must be original and unique.
Duration and Reward
- Win your share of the 3.5 million Naira cash prize.
- Get trained by industry experts at the Innovators’ Bootcamp.
- Gain an opportunity to exhibit your innovations and pitch to Investors, Venture Capitalists, C-Suite Executives, and Industry Experts.
- Gain visibility through traditional and digital media coverage.
- Network with other Innovators, Tech Enthusiasts, Industry Experts, and so on.
Selection Process and Timeline
All interested individuals are encouraged to apply for the Innovation Makers Challenge by submitting their entries. After the close of applications, our jury will review all eligible applications.
Following the review, a shortlist of the top 20 applicants will be selected to participate in the Innovators’ Bootcamp.
The virtual Bootcamp would run for 3 days during which the participants would be trained by industry experts on Business Development/Entrepreneurship; Tech Regulations and Intellectual Property; Management and Marketing; Commercialisation; Corporate Structure and Policy; and Acquisition of Grants and Funding.
- Application Opens: 11th September 2023
- Application Closes: 16th October 2023
- Review of Entries: 17th – 26th October 2023
- Notification of Applicants on Their Status: 26th October 2023
- Commencement of Bootcamp: 2nd November 2023
- Conference and Exhibition: 9th November 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.