TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme is created to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly.
An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. Almost 300 centres have been selected to participate in the Scheme.
TWAS provides travel support for the associates and a contribution towards subsistence costs up to USD300.00 per month while living expenses are covered by the host centres.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Italy
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Accommodation | Airfare Tickets | USD300 Monthly Stipend
- Deadline: December 12, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
In 1994, in cooperation with UNESCO, TWAS instituted an Associateship Scheme to help counteract the brain drain affecting many developing countries.
The programme supports regular research visits from developing countries to centres of excellence in the South. Almost 300 centres of excellence in the South have agreed to participate in the programme.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the fellowship, you must:
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made based on merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
- The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses.
- The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides research facilities.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- The applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- Two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- A recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the files available here. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
Deadline: December 12, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region