UNDP is launching a second cohort of its 2-year Graduate Programme and is looking for candidates to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Programme serves to equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start a career in international development, accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, build better futures and make a positive difference in the world!
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment with one of our country, regional, or headquarter offices. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on two streams:
- Programme and Policy: In this stream you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities.
- Corporate Operations: In this stream you will contribute to management services that support effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organisational policies, processes, and oversight.
Successful applicants will be included in the Graduate Programme Pool and offered an assignment with a UNDP office in any of our 170 locations around the world.
To be considered for UNDP program, you must have to meet the following requirement:
- Do you have a Master’s degree with a maximum of two years of relevant work experience? Or do you have a Bachelor’s degree with between 2 and maximum 3 years of relevant work experience?
- Do you dream of working in international development with UNDP? Are you ready to contribute to sustainable development and the eradication of poverty?
- Are you ready to live and work for two years in a challenging context and in another country than your home country?
- Are you a national of a country in which UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Do you have experience in one or more of the following areas: sustainable development, business operations, project management, partnerships, innovation, digitalization, data analysis and management?
If you answered YES! to all the above questions, we encourage you to apply below to the UNDP Graduate Programme.
In particular, we encourage women, individuals from minority groups, indigenous peoples groups, and persons with disabilities to apply. Graduates who are the first generation in their family to obtain a university education are also strongly encouraged to apply.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Duration and Reward
- A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance and on availability of funding).
- A competitive entry-level salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and your duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Pension contributions.
Competencies and skills
When joining UNDP, you are:
- Lending your time and skills toward building a more prosperous, fair and inclusive world for people in need around the world.
- Choosing a community of collaboration and mutual care, of people working together with a shared sense of purpose.
- Joining a mission that demands and encourages innovative thinking and provides space for creative input.
- Joining a community that aims to elevate and empower every employee to grow not only professionally but also personally.
For these reasons, you must demonstrate drive to effect positive change, strong innovative thinking, learning agility, resilience, and ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
You will be assessed on the following competencies and skills during the selection process.
Method of Application
If you are interested in joining the UNDP Graduate Programme and you meet the above personal, educational, and professional requirements, we look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the button below.
If you are successful in the assessment, you will be invited to the final selection stage which consists of a virtual assessment centre. Details of the assessments will be provided to those who are invited to take part.
Successful candidates will be included in the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool. This pool will be used to fill entry-level positions that may become available in the course of 2023.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 October 2022 (Midnight GMT)