The AfOx Visiting Fellowship Programme is designed to provide exceptional African researchers an opportunity to build international networks and focus on a project of their choice, away from teaching and administrative duties at their home institutions.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The AfOx Fellowship provides fellows with an opportunity to work on a project of their choice in collaboration with Oxford-based scholars, while benefit from the resources available at Oxford University for research, writing, and strengthening research leadership skills.
The Fellowship is open to researchers across all academic fields. Fellows will be affiliated with the University of Oxford for 12 months, including 10 months of virtual engagement and a 2 month in-person visit to Oxford during Trinity Term.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the University departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
During the Fellowship, AfOx Fellows are associated with a Department and a College within the University. Fellows can apply to work with scholars based in any of the University’s departments. AfOx is a cross-university platform that supports collaboration across all the departments at Oxford University.
To be considered for the fellowship:
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
- Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
- With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
- The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College.
- A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency.
- The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Criteria and Duration
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 8 weeks. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set
Method of Application
Interested and qualified researchers or lectures should apply using the link below.
- AfOx fellowships are open to ALL disciplines across ALL the Universities departments. We encourage applications across the full range of academic disciplines and to work with any researcher based at the University of Oxford.
All AfOx fellowship applications are made through the same process using the same application portal