Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship is generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service.
You are invited to apply for the WMI Scholars Program for students of developing countries.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3).
WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2023
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Covers tuition fee,
- school fees
- and related expenses
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Method of Application
There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, is either online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to the office.
- For applying online: You are to apply by visiting the application portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out information and upload documents. It is strongly suggested that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Mail-in: You will need to print the 2023 application form (available December 1, 2022) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it.