World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide.
By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
During the 2023 edition of the World Forum on Democracy the question in focus is “Can democracy guarantee and deliver peace?”
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2023, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on democracy & peace;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy& peace;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy & peace;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. online preparation and onsite presence in Strasbourg arriving on the 3rd of November and departing on the 9th of November).
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
Duration and Reward
- Travel expenses
Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
Only the participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum preparation and World Forum for Democracy) can be reimbursed. The payment will be made by bank transfer after the Forum. Prepaid tickets for travel can only be arranged in exceptional and justified cases.
Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday, the 3rd of November and departure on Thursday, the 9th of November).
Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS). You will be requested to share a room. The EYCS is accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to young people’s special needs in order to ensure full inclusion and quality working conditions. Wi-Fi is available in the rooms.
Method of Application
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed via this link: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- A short 1 minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions below).
The application form must be submitted on-line before 12th of July 2023, 13:00 CET (1 p.m.)
- In case of technical problems with the use of the platform, please send an e-mail to youthapplications[at]coe.int
- Technical note on how to upload a Youtube video